Saturday, April 7, 2007

Chores Are More Fun With a Land Rover



My Land Rover is not pampered. I take care of it, but it is still a work truck. It hauls lumber, manure, trash, plants and sod, stone and brick, other peoples' Land Rover motors and gearboxes, surfboards and beach gear, and three to four times a year
it gets the privilege of hauling all my camping gear to the desert or the mountains.



Went over to our local masonry supply company the other day to get a load of flagstone. I am paving an area that needs weed control because I can't put down mulch or gravel. The surrounding trees shed, and the area needs frequent raking so I would just rake up the mulch and gravel all the time. Anyway, I got the first load of flagstone, only about 200 pounds. I'm paving the area a little at a time.



Here's the first batch laid in around my landscaping. So far, so good. Another 600 pounds ought to do it.

No comments: